St. Michael Parish and School is deep rooted in tradition. The hands and hearts of hard working German Catholic farmers and Irish Catholic railroaders worked together in the early 1900’s to build our parish community and celebrated the first Mass in 1919 in the home of J.D O’Sullivan. Parishioners celebrated Mass in our first church on Christmas Day 1919. As our parish needs grew, plans began to build a school. While our cornerstone on our main building dates 1926, the first school was opened in 1927. It was originally two floors, with four classrooms, and housed 85 children.